Symptoms can be from heart disease, chronic fatigue to migraines or headaches and many more.Maybe you've had little sleep with a crying infant, or you wake to the relentless demands of your toddler who is having a melt down over what cereal you poured or what clothes to wear.....you're buried beneath piles of clothes, diapers and endless list of to do's. Sounds like stress to me!!!
And, yes, I've been there too on more occasions than I care to admit.
It seems in this ever-fast paced world we live in there is bound to be stress that's put upon us on a continual basis and cannot be avoided. There is a very wise saying that continues to hold it's weight today -
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things I can and the WISDOM to know the difference". However, there are some tools to keep you from being run down and burned out!
Here are some ideas to help you slow down and take a break:
- Take a walk on the beach, park or relaxing area..- Get some Exercise, fresh air and soak in the sunshine!
- Listen to your favorite music
- Write in a journal - use part of it to express feelings, contemplate, but also have another section where you keep the "pearls" or things of value or meaning. You can also make a thankful journal to list things you are thankful for this can lift your spirits.
- Indulge in a small item
- Turn off the Phone, TV, cell phone, computer etc, and just enjoy the quiet to reflect, relax and recharge
- Laugh & smile - add some humor, release the pent up tension. - Do a really silly dance in front of the mirror, I'll bet you laugh!
- Take a 5to10minute "escape" - close your eyes and picture yourself in your favorite place doing your favorite thing. Take a few deep breaths and you will feel great.
- Get a massage - professionally or even sign up a family member
- Count your blessings - there are so many if we take the time to see the
- Say "NO" to an obligation you don't need or want to take on.